As part of the CARES act, HHS will provide uninsured patient reimbursement based on the Medicare rates for testing uninsured patients for COVID-19 and treating uninsured patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
To participate, providers must attest to the following:
- You have checked for health care coverage eligibility and confirmed that the patient is uninsured. You have verified that the patient does not have individual, employer-sponsored, Medicare, or Medicaid coverage, and no other payer will reimburse you for COVID-19 testing and/or care for that patient.
- You will accept defined program reimbursement as payment in full.
- You agree not to balance bill the patient.
- You agree to program terms and conditions and may be subject to post-reimbursement audit review.
- April 22 – Program Details launch
- April 27 – Sign up period begins for the program
- April 29 – On-Demand training starts
- May 6 – Begin submitting claims electronically
- Mid-May – Begin receiving reimbursement
- Specimen collection, diagnostic, and antibody testing.
- Testing-related visits including in the following settings: office, urgent care, or emergency room or via telehealth.
- Treatment: office visit (including via telehealth)
- When an FDA-approved vaccine becomes available, it will also be covered.
This content will be available by Monday, April 27.
Link to the complete article about uninsured patient reimbursement: https://www.hrsa.gov/coviduninsuredclaim
Medical billing services that maximize profit and cash flow
We understand that your practice needs a swift, reliable revenue stream in order to thrive. And, we know that it takes more than a slick software package to make it happen. Definitely, It takes the right people. Therefore, we created unique medical billing services to make your life easier, It backed by our experience serving physicians since 1995.
We make sure our clients are supported by a billing and collections team carefully chosen for their industry expertise and dedication to customer service. In addition, your PRM team takes full responsibility for the financial health of your practice. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. As a result, this performance-based model keeps our operations lean and focused, and help us achieve one of the highest collection rates in the billing industry.
Finally, when you know the right people are handling your revenue cycle, you can relax and focus on what you do best- delivering excellent medical care.
PRM is here to help make life easier for you and your office staff. Join our medical billing company today and enjoy our benefits! Contact Us
Professional Reimbursement Managers